What is the Clayton Women in Networking (WIN) Professional Development Grant (PDG) Program?
Clayton WIN Professional Development Grant Program provides funding to women over the age of eighteen who reside or conduct business in Clayton and immediate surrounding areas seeking to further their education and/or professional development on a career path to entrepreneurship and business.
How much PDG funding is available?
Total available funding will be decided upon before the end of the December WIN Board meeting for the following fiscal year. Grants available through Clayton WIN will be awarded based on the funds available at the time of the request up to a total of $1,500 per request. There is no limit on the number of individual awards given out, as long as the total amount awarded does not exceed the total amount designated by the Board to be awarded for that specific calendar year at the time of the application review process. There will be no carryover of applications to the next year. If an application is not selected or the funds run out, the applicant needs to reapply the following year.
The intent of the Professional Development Grant is to provide women with career growth and personal development opportunities throughout the Clayton area. Therefore, it is necessary to limit the number of awards given to women representing a single company up to two people with a cap of $1,500 per company per calendar year to allow opportunity for a wide range of companies doing business in Clayton and immediate surrounding areas.
How can the PDG funds be used?
Grant funds may be used for an item / product / service that must be a discernible material, perceptible, substantial, real, or actual and must be made payable directly to the third-party vendor(s) or entity(s) only providing the service/course such as:
- Tuition, fees, books, course, seminars, workshops, and continuing educations credits (CEUs)
- Registration and professional fees
- An educational / professional organization or career advancement program
- Any upcoming WIN approved program or course of study
- Career / business / professional development or business launch
Grant funds may not be used to satisfy a past educational debt, and we do not cover travel including but not limited to: hotels, flights, car rental, meals, and childcare. If applying for funds to support a business launch, funds must be used for something tangible such as equipment or IT development. The funds cannot be used for permits or licensures and may not be used for marketing and advertisement.
We do not reimburse for prepaid trainings and/or previous trainings.
The applicant must be fully eligible to attend the intended activity to apply for these funds.
To be eligible for awards applicants must:
Be a woman over the age of eighteen at the time of application,
Submit all requested documentation:
- Completed application.
- Business letter explaining how the awarded grant would further your career.
- Professional or personal letter of reference
Be seeking to enhance business skills in current employment or aspiring to own and operate a local business.
Be a WIN member not currently serving as an elected officer or active board member or any women residing or conducting business in Clayton and immediate surrounding areas.
Not have been a recipient of a Professional Development award for at least two (2) years.
What is expected of me as a PDG recipient?
It is the expectation of Clayton WIN that all PDG recipients will:
- Provide accurate information at all times.
- Be enrolled in an approved educational or professional program within six (6) months of receiving notification of the award and provide written confirmation of enrollment.
- Continue their designated educational program for the complete term of the award (barring illness, family emergency or military service), and at the end of the study provide written documentation of successful completion.
- Volunteer for one Clayton WIN event within a year of receiving funding support.
- Agree to speak at one Clayton WIN General Meeting or provide a written summary or one (1) minute video of the benefits derived as a result of receipt of the funding support and sharing your experience.
- Allow WIN to publicize the award through appropriate social media outlets.
The Professional Development Grant committee will follow-up with recipients to ensure that all expectations are met. Failure to meet any of these criteria will result in a request for funds to be returned to Clayton WIN.
How do I apply?
The Clayton WIN Professional Development application is available on the WIN website. Use the button below to submit an application via our website with all requested documentation. If any questions, send an email to: [email protected].